Who doesn’t know about these 4 golden words.. They were originally printed on the back cover of the 1974 edition of The Whole Earth Catalog, and further immortalized by the legendary Steve Jobs during his 2005 Stanford Commencement Speech.. These 4 words have changed the way people think, across the globe..
At the face of it, the word “Hunger” stands for Curiosity.. While “Foolish”, unlike otherwise implying to be dumb, ironically stands for the readiness to Learn and Un-Learn..
- But what is the message conveyed here.. ??
- Is the true meaning behind it as simple as the words themselves read.. ??
- How does one stay Hungry & Foolish.. ??
- And most importantly, how does it help to be that way.. ??
- Keep Experimenting, with whatever little knowledge you have..
- Search, Search, Search.. The answer is out there, somewhere..
- Make Friends, meet new People, Interact.. Knowledge is everywhere, just go get it..
- There’s always a second chance..
- Don’t settle with NO for an answer.. Persistence is a virtue..
- Learn from the mistakes of your Experiments, and Evolve..
- Speak it out, make mistakes, sound foolish.. In the end, you will emerge wiser..
- Be ready to Learn and Unlearn..
# my note – Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish..
Dedicated to Steve Jobs (R.I.P.)